Thursday, March 10, 2016

Superkids

It has been awhile since my last post and I apologize for that. As you know, we adopted a new language arts curriculum this year: The Superkids Reading Program. I was reflecting on the name of the program last night as well as our monthly staff meeting where we discussed feedback. While this may sound trivial, I think ALL of your kids are SUPER kids. They come to school ready to work and usually pretty happy. One of the best parts of teaching is watching kids make connections. Yesterday in our writing we began to talk about following directions. Some of the kids were quick to point out that adults have a lot of directions. We talked about this and then played a game to show why following directions is so important. Don't be surprised if your child says to you "directions" next time they are asked to do something. Thanks for sharing your SUPER kids with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment