Monday, February 22, 2016

Accountability

There are many ways to hold someone accountable. It is important for children to learn what accountability is and why it is important. One area of accountability in the classroom is academic. I recently printed out what each child has completed on the IXL math app and highlighted areas where each student could improve on a particular concept. I handed these out and explained that we have to do our very best in all areas of work and sometimes that means going back and trying again. After a productive conversation, the students were excited about improving their scores. Today while we were working, one of the students said, "Wow my brain is working really hard!" I responded with, "it feels good to be accountable doesn't it?" His response, "yeah and I am the one who did it". Students who are held accountable are the ones who are going to achieve more and continue to work harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment